Put A Spring Back In Your Step This Summer | My May Favourites

Put A Spring Back In Your Step This Summer | My May Favourites

As the days get warmer and the nights get longer it’s safe to say that summer is just around the corner. The endless days relaxing in your local park, bbq’s and day trips to the beach, It’s all just too exciting. I don’t know about you but I really can’t wait. So how do we prepare and plan for so much coming up within the next few months? Well, I have one or two tips and trick coming your way this month. Whether that’s helping you make the most of your fancy new hair doo, perfect shaped summer body or your endless tanning sessions. Let’s get ready for summer together.

Sorry Jon Snow but, Summer is Coming…

Jon Snow

Today I’ve decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon and share with you my first monthly favourites post. This month I wanted to mention the most incredible Hair Dryer. Why might you ask? Well, each winter and summer I like to reinvent myself and change something about my current hairstyle. Whether that’s being the colour, length or style it’s always good to have a change.

I have always been a blondie but recently I decided to change it up and go the full bleach blonde bombshell. Although at first, it looked absolutely beautiful and I loved it. Once I got home within a week or two the condition deteriorated and it became a frizzy, dead end, mess. Why is it that hairdressers can make your hair seem so amazing and then not even two days later it’s back to normal as if it had never been touched. Without forgetting to mention your style is the same and your bank account is at least £80 down.

Since this happened I’ve tried everything to fix the mop upon my head. Don’t get me wrong I’ve been using your typical Morrocan/argon oils and they have been working for a while. I just wish I had something that was a more long-term solution. I searched the internet high and low for something that would help with the quality of my hair and this is when I came across the Panasonic Nanoe range.

For a girl who has had the same hair dryer for as long as I can remember I was shocked to discover that there are other products out there. Don’t get me wrong before I opened up my eyes to the world of hair, I would have sworn by my Babyliss. But like they say, you will never know unless you put yourself out there and try different things.

To be completely honest with you all I’ve never been the kind of girl to sit there and spend hours dolling myself up. You know the types of girls who have the weekly blow drys? that’s just never been me.

But why?

I’ve never had the time or the money to afford these in all honesty, however now I can be the ultimate beauty queen from my own bedroom. As sad as it sounds, I never realised that different hairdryers could produce different quality services… Like, it’s just hot air, right? well, apparently not.

The way I see it is that life is too short and if you look good you feel good.

So, if I could give you one bit of advice today it would be to put yourself first. So many of us constantly spend time setting aside our cash for other ‘important’ things. Whether it’s that necklace you saw last week in Topshop, that perfume you smelt on holiday or that dress you’ve been eyeing up for months.

Go treat yourself… because you are, and deserve to feel like a million dollar bill.

Image result for million dollar gif

Ashleigh Davis

Find me on: Twitter

• Ashleigh Davis
      Author
      May 27, 2018 / 12:25 pm

Thank you lovely! Hope you have the best summer ☺️☀️ nearly here! X

1. Nicola May 27, 2018 / 11:57 am

I had a really old, crappy hairdryer for years and then I decided to invest in a good one and it’s made so much difference! I always thought all hairdryers were the same but they’re really not.
    Great post. Have a lovely summer!

Nicola

• Ashleigh Davis
      Author
      May 27, 2018 / 12:24 pm

Honestly, it’s so true isn’t it! I was in shock with the difference 😂 glad I’m not the only one! Thank you for the read lovely! Z

2. astrobeks May 27, 2018 / 6:06 pm

Such a lovely message! I think I’ll have to take your advice, but I’ll wait until payday first… 😂

Beka | astrobeks.wordpress.com

• Ashleigh Davis
      Author
      May 28, 2018 / 7:26 pm

Hahaha, love your comment! don’t worry I’m hanging on to payday too! xD Thanks for reading 🙂 x

3. Bexa May 28, 2018 / 9:23 am

Great post Ashleigh 💖 I agree, treating ourselves always makes us feel better. Investing a little in our appearance is so worth it, especially on hair dyers as it’s something we use on a regular basis. Great post girl 😘 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

• Ashleigh Davis
      Author
      May 28, 2018 / 7:25 pm

Ah thanks so much girly! appreciate you reading! it’s so true we really should learn to treat ourselves more! x x x

4. Kylie May 28, 2018 / 6:34 pm

Great post, and you’re right it’s important to treat ourselves every once in a while; and change things up, as sometimes it just the type of inspiration we need. 🙂

• Ashleigh Davis
      Author
      May 28, 2018 / 7:24 pm

Thank you Kylie! That’s so true! we really do need to put ourselves first once in a while and like you say with that comes inspiration, the inspiration we need 🙂 Hope you’ve had a lovely day Kylie!

• Kylie May 28, 2018 / 7:26 pm

Thank-you. I hope you’re having a lovely day as well so far.

5. hudapervez May 30, 2018 / 2:52 pm

Self love is everything and I am so glad you mentioned that in this post! Summer excited for summer too although here in UAE, it’s basically summer all year round haha! xx

• Ashleigh Davis
      Author
      June 5, 2018 / 12:54 pm

Aw thank you lovely! I think it’s so important 🙂
      and ahhh you are so lucky! either way I do love summer 😀 x