Festive Afternoon Tea Fun At Wyevale Garden Centre

Festive Afternoon Tea Fun At Wyevale Garden Centre

Last week I was invited along to my local Wyevale Garden Centre for an afternoon tea full of festive fun. Not only did I get to experience this but I was also fortunate enough to bring along my Mother, Nan, and Partner. As I’m sure many of you have noticed throughout my blogging journey, My family means the world to me. Being able to surprise my family with this was brilliant and everyone had such a fantastic day.

Tunbridge Wells, Kent – Wyevale Garden Centre

We accidentally arrived 20 minutes prior to our booking time however, this was not an issue at all. The table was reserved and already prepared ready for our arrival. This was great as we did not need to queue and wait to be seated and served. The staff greeted us with such politeness and took us straight over to our table and before no time we had that warm cup of tea in our hand.

I have always been partial to an Afternoon Tea and as food is a HUGE part of my families Christmas. I thought it was a great idea to combine the two and treat myself to some scrumptious food out. This is the first year I have lived away from home during the holidays, therefore, It was a lovely excuse to meet my family half way and catch up on everything.

I must admit I have had many afternoon teas in my time, some great and some not so good but this was something else. I was in shock with how much was brought out for such a small amount of people. Within moments we received two 3 tiers of indulgent festive food.

I kid you not… This is exactly what we received and oh my, was it good.

Top plate
• St Clements cake
• Blackberry pavlova
• Mini macarons
• Festive iced fruit cake

Middle plate
• Cranberry & cinnamon scones
• Clotted cream and jams

Bottom plate
• Somerset Brie, cranberry & spinach on white farmhouse loaf
• Turkey, sage & onion stuffing with mayonnaise on malted seeded farmhouse loaf.

And an endless supply of complimentary Tea and Coffee.

wyevale festive afternoon tea
wyevale festive afternoon tea
wyevale festive afternoon tea

‘Tis The Season To Be Jolly!

I don’t know about you but does anyone else feel that they could spend hours upon hours in garden centers at Christmas time? I honestly think they are the most spectacular/magical places to go around Christmas… and I don’t even have a garden to decorate.

There’s something for everyone whether you are after gifts for friends and family, Christmas decorations or even want to go and visit Santa himself. It’s definitely worth heading down to your local Wyevale Garden center if you have some spare time. Make sure to check out all that they have, even if you do just end up having a cup of tea like me.

wyevale garden centre
wyevale garden centre
Wyevale garden centre

*I was very kindly invited along by Wyevale for complimentary afternoon tea for the purpose of this post. But of course, just like usual, all opinions are my own.

Ashleigh Davis

Find me on: Web | Twitter

1. Miss Blogs-A-Bit December 9, 2018 / 8:40 pm

Looks like such a lovely afternoon with your nearest and dearest! I’m like you, I love a good afternoon tea. Those cranberry and cinnamon scones sound amazing 😍😍 Great post lovely! X

2. Miss Blogs-A-Bit December 10, 2018 / 1:28 pm

The displays at this garden centre are so pretty! I’m like you in that I love a good afternoon tea and I can be quite picky sometimes if I think one isn’t up to scratch 😂 Those cranberry and cinnamon scones sound like a dream. Great post and glad that you got to spend a lovely afternoon with your nearest and dearest ❤

• Ashleigh Davis
      Author
      December 10, 2018 / 4:42 pm

Haha that’s so me! I’ve been to so many that no I have my expectations 😉 (as bad as that sounds) but honestly, this one really was lovely! Thank you so much for reading my post! Appreciate it lots x

3. BooksNest December 10, 2018 / 4:58 pm

I love a good trip to the garden centre!

• Ashleigh Davis
      Author
      December 11, 2018 / 9:36 am

So good aren’t they! Thank you for reading my love x

• Ashleigh Davis
      Author
      December 11, 2018 / 9:30 am

Oh thank you for reading my love! 😊 it really was a beautiful little spot xx

4. Hannah December 11, 2018 / 9:43 am

Looks like you had such a lovely afternoon. I’d love to visit & have afternoon tea! Hannahjayde.com

• Ashleigh Davis
      Author
      December 11, 2018 / 9:55 am

Thanks so much for reading! It was a great day, it really was 😊 x

5. dogsanddungarees December 11, 2018 / 2:21 pm

Love your pictures! You can’t beat a Christmassy garden centre and a tea break in the cafe! Afternoon tea looks delicious! 😍

• Ashleigh Davis
      Author
      December 11, 2018 / 2:25 pm

Oh thank you so much for reading! I do really love a garden centre at Christmas.. so festive isn’t it! ✨❤️

6. katesbeautyhome December 11, 2018 / 2:43 pm

I haven’t popped into my local Wyevale in ages and I really should, my aunty was telling me about their lovely Christmas deco and from pictures I think she was right. Your afternoon tea looks lovely and it’s great you got to enjoy it with your loved ones.
    Kate x x

• Ashleigh Davis
      Author
      December 15, 2018 / 8:02 am

Oh thank you so much for reading my post! I’m glad you enjoyed looking. Your aunty is definitely right! They’ve got a great selection this year, I loved having a look around 😊❤️

7. Rachel December 12, 2018 / 1:33 pm

Oh this is amazing! Everything looks delicious and beautiful. Being from the US we don’t have many tea time places. I’ve only ever been to one, a very small shop in my hometown that is actually in an antique store. You get to go in and pick an antique cup and plate set to use. I wish we had more places like this around! Also, beautiful photos!

Cheers xx

Rachel | http://www.myspottedblog.com

• Ashleigh Davis
      Author
      December 15, 2018 / 7:57 am

Oh how that sounds great though! I would love to go there. I think it’s great how every country have their own little things. The US has so much more to offer so don’t worry, you’re not missing out lovely. Anyhoo, thank you so much for reading my post 💗x